FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED IN BAYFIELD, WISCONSIN
While indoors in any commercial business of City office, and in an Outdoor Space that is open to the general public, all customers, employees, and any other occupants or users of such area shall wear a face covering. While wearing a face covering, social distancing (6′) shall still be maintained so far as possible as describe by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Exceptions for face coverings will be made under the following circumstances:
i. A person who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical or behavioral condition, including but not limited to anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance;
ii. Children who are under (5) years of age;
iii. A customer dining in a restaurant, while that customer is sitting at his or her table actively eating or drinking;
iv. A law enforcement officer or any emergency responder who deems it necessary to remove a face covering in the course of his or her duties;
v. A person who reasonably deems it necessary to remove his or her face covering for safety reasons or in order to carry out his or her job duties;
vi. Persons in settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear face coverings, including when obtaining or rendering goods or services, such as the receipt of dental service or medical treatments.
READ THE ENTIRE CITY ORDINANCE HERE.
The Bayfield Inn has taken Covid-19 very seriously from the onset and we will continue to make decisions that have the health and safety of our staff, community, dining patrons and lodging guests as the top priority. We will continue to follow recommendations set forth by the CDC, State of Wisconsin, & Bayfield County Health Department. Click here to view the CDC’s website for more detailed Covid-19 information.
We have been working diligently to get extra safety measures and infrastructure in place and will continue our structured, phased reopening. We appreciate your understanding and patience while we work through the logistics of reopening our multi-faceted establishment in the safest way possible and we are eager to greet our wonderful guests and patrons once again.
To Our Valued Guest,
We are excited to welcome you to The Bayfield Inn and beautiful Lake Superior soon! The health and safety of our guests, employees and community remains our highest priority as we move forward with the 2020 tourist season. The Bayfield Inn and Vacation Rentals will be open for lodgings effective on May 29th, 2020 and will continue to monitor local and state officials for any changes in the next phase of opening. We have adopted the following cleaning protocols and check-in procedures, based on recommendations of the CDC and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services:
- The Bayfield Inn will hold rooms for 24 hours after each guest checks out. Windows will be opened to allow air flow in and out of the accommodation with cleaning and disinfecting taking place 24 hours after guests check out.
- Room service “Stays” will no longer be available under the new guidelines. This means that once you have checked into and have entered your room, The Bayfield Inn staff will not enter again until you have checked out and vacated your room. That being said, The Bayfield Inn will remain in contact with guests to include a delivery service for any additional items that will be needed during a guest stay.
- Staff will be trained and instructed in proper health and hygiene; and will wear protective gloves and masks following the CDC recommendations.
- Employee temperature checks will be mandatory when arriving to work and any employee with a fever of 100 degrees+ or additional symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into the workplace and given proper medical direction.
- The Bayfield Inn will clean and disinfect with approved FDA sanitizing products. Specific instruction will be given to ensure high touch objects are indeed sanitized including but not limited to all tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, remotes etc. All key tags and keys will be disinfected after each rental.
- CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services recommendations:
- All throw pillows and additional blankets or throw covers from all chairs and couches will be removed from the property. This is a health and safety issue and we want you to be aware, so you are not surprised at the lack of these items upon checking into your accommodation. Wisconsin Department of Health Services requirement to remove all food items including spices, oils etc. from cupboards and refrigerators after each rental (this includes condiments and salt & pepper). You will need to bring all these items with you for cooking.
- Removal of all comforters, pillow shams and decorative pillows from all beds. The Bayfield Inn will provide linens, blankets and pillows for each bed. However, if you feel you need additional blankets, pillows or other coverings, we ask that you bring those with you. As a fun idea for kids and twin beds, bringing your own sleeping bags is a great option!
- All sheets, towels, blankets & pillow cases are professionally laundered at The Bayfield Inn or our off-site laundry facility with the use of bleach (on appropriate materials), and the warmest appropriate water settings based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- For Vacation Rentals, The Bayfield Inn provides a starter set of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher soap (if dishwasher is present in the unit you have rented) and Kleenex. These items can be delivered and re-stocked during your stay if needed. Laundry soap is not provided with your stay.
- Check-in Procedures:
- The Bayfield Inn will offer contact-less payment and guest registration in 2020 along with curbside check-in for guests who would like to utilize this option. Please contact Guest Services at 1-800-382-0995 when you arrive.
- Please keep in mind all Bayfield Inn Food & Beverage Services might not be open during your stay at The Bayfield Inn. We are working hard serve you in the safest way possible in the upcoming weeks. Follow our social media for day-to-day updates on The Bayfield Inn’s Food & Beverage hours & offerings. Area dining options and hours can be found at The Bayfield Chamber & Visitor Bureau or www.bayfield.org.
- We encourage the following Etiquette while visiting the Chequamegon Bay and the Bayfield Inn:
- Please always maintain proper 6’ social distancing with respect to others, inside or out.
- The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. Please bring proper face coverings with you while on vacation. Face Coverings are highly recommended especially when in close spaces. If one of our local businesses require face coverings to enter, we respectfully ask you to comply with their wishes. In other words, please respect our fellow local business’ safety protocols when visiting their establishments. We’re all in this together!
- Wash & sanitize your hands frequently.
- Stay home if you or someone you live with is sick. We understand and will work with you in regards to cancelling and rescheduling your visit.
As we enter this season, we thank you for your confidence; and we look forward to seeing you soon! Feel free to reach out to us with any comments or questions via email or phone at email@example.com or 800-382-0995.
Also, feel free to visit the Bayfield Chamber & Visitor Bureau page to view any updates from our local businesses! To be directed to that website click here: https://bayfield.org/
Further questions regarding COVID-19 may be directed to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
As we reopen our areas of food & beverage services in the coming weeks, we are taking the following measures:
- Staff is trained and instructed in proper health and hygiene; and will wear protective gloves and masks following the CDC recommendations.
- Employee temperature checks are mandatory when arriving to work and any employee with a fever of 100 degrees+ or additional symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into the workplace and given proper medical direction.
- The Bayfield Inn cleans and disinfects with approved FDA sanitizing products. Specific instruction will be given to ensure high touch objects are indeed sanitized including but not limited to all tables, condiments, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, remotes etc.
- We will limit our seating based on the ability to place our tables 6’ apart and bar stools will be removed from the bar countertop.
- We are placing oversized menus at the entrance of each service area so guests can have an idea of what they will order prior to being seated which will expedite service.
- We have removed all condiments and other high-touch items from our tables and offer them to guests on their plate (when appropriate) or upon request.
- Linens being used for service and for cleaning are professionally laundered at The Bayfield Inn or our off-site laundry facility with the use of bleach (on appropriate materials), and the warmest appropriate water settings based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The Bayfield Inn will continue to offer certain menus for carry-out service. We take orders both by phone and online to limit person-to-person contact. For all carry-out orders, we are packing utensils, napkins, & condiments in sealed sanitary bags for our patron’s health & safety.
BREAKFAST (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
Breakfast is served daily!
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
View the menu here.
LUNCH (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
Lunch is served daily!
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
View the menu here.
DINNER (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
Dinner is served nightly!
4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
View the menu here.
THE LOUNGE (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
DINE-IN & CARRY-OUT
4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
We encourage online ordering but if that is not your thing (or not an option for you), please call our NEW dedicated Lounge Phone Number 715-779-3364 to place your order during service hours.
*Closed for the season.
See you in 2021!