BAYFIELD COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT’S ADVISORY REGARDING FACE COVERINGS
April 1, 2021: Ashland and Bayfield Public Health are issuing an advisory which stipulates that everyone age five and older should wear a face covering or mask when in any enclosed building where other people, except for members of the person’s own household or living unit, could be present and when social distancing of six feet or more cannot be maintained or guaranteed…
To read the entire advisory, please visit their Facebook page:
PAGE 1 https://www.facebook.com/AshlandCountyHealthHumanServicesPublicHealth/photos/pcb.1817785238404053/1817784158404161
The Bayfield Inn has taken Covid-19 very seriously from the onset and we will continue to make decisions that have the health and safety of our staff, community, dining patrons and lodging guests as the top priority. We will continue to follow recommendations set forth by the CDC, State of Wisconsin, & Bayfield County Health Department. Click here to view the CDC’s website for more detailed Covid-19 information.
Prior to the end of Wisconsin’s Safer At Home Order, The Bayfield Inn worked diligently to get extra safety measures and infrastructure in place and we then carried out a structured, phased reopening.
When we reopened our dining facilities, we have continued a limited capacity for seating. Due to this, we will not be taking dining reservations in 2021. We appreciate your understanding and patience while we work to serve guests & the public in our multi-faceted dining operations in the safest way possible. We are eager to greet & serve our wonderful dining patrons once again.
To Our Valued Guest,
We are excited to welcome you to The Bayfield Inn and beautiful Lake Superior! The health and safety of our guests, employees and community remains our highest priority as we move forward in Summer 2021 and beyond. With respect to The Bayfield Inn Hotel and our 25+ Vacation Rentals, we will continue to monitor local and state officials’ recommendations for any changes necessary to continue operating with high standards of cleanliness and sanitation. Upon reopening our lodging in May, 2020 we adopted the following COVID-19 cleaning protocols and check-in procedures, based on recommendations of the CDC and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services:
- The Bayfield Inn utilizes the Evaclean Protexus Electrostatic Infection Prevention System after each guest checks out.
- Room service “Stays” are no longer available under these new guidelines. This means that once you have checked into and have entered your room, The Bayfield Inn staff will not enter again until you have checked out and vacated your room. That being said, The Bayfield Inn will remain in contact with guests to include a delivery service for any additional items that will be needed during a guest stay.
- Housekeeping staff is trained and instructed in proper health and hygiene; and will wear protective gloves following the CDC recommendations. Fully vaccinated staff are not required to wear masks, but masks are available to all staff that choose to wear one while they work.
- Employee temperature checks are mandatory when arriving to work and any employee with a fever of 100 degrees+ or additional symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into the workplace and will be given proper medical direction.
- The Bayfield Inn cleans and disinfects with approved FDA sanitizing products. Specific instruction has been given to ensure high touch objects are indeed sanitized including but not limited to all tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, remotes etc. All key tags and keys are disinfected after each rental.
- CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services recommendations:
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services requirement to remove all food items including spices, oils etc. from cupboards and refrigerators after each rental (this includes condiments and salt & pepper). You will need to bring all these items with you for cooking. This is a health and safety issue and we want you to be aware, so you are not surprised at the lack of these items upon checking into your accommodation.
- Additional blankets or throw covers from all chairs and couches have been removed from the property. All beds are made with clean/sanitized linens, blankets and pillows. However, if you feel you need additional blankets, pillows or other coverings, we ask that you bring those with you. As a fun idea for kids and twin beds, bringing your own sleeping bags is a great option!
- All sheets, towels, blankets & pillow cases are professionally laundered at The Bayfield Inn or our off-site laundry facility with the use of bleach (on appropriate materials), and the warmest appropriate water settings based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- For Vacation Rentals, The Bayfield Inn provides a starter set of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher soap (if dishwasher is present in the unit you have rented) and Kleenex. These items can be delivered and re-stocked during your stay if needed. Laundry soap is not provided with your stay.
- Dining Services:
- Please keep in mind all Bayfield Inn Food & Beverage Services might not be open during your stay at The Bayfield Inn. We are working hard serve you in the safest way possible. Follow our social media for day-to-day updates on The Bayfield Inn’s Food & Beverage hours & offerings. Area dining options and hours can be found at The Bayfield Chamber & Visitor Bureau or www.bayfield.org.
- We encourage the following etiquette while visiting the Chequamegon Bay and The Bayfield Inn:
- Please always maintain proper 6’ social distancing with respect to others, inside or out.
- The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings and it is a City of Bayfield Ordinance to do so. Please bring proper face coverings with you while on vacation. Face Coverings are highly recommended especially when in close spaces. We respectfully ask you to comply with our local store owners’ mask wearing and occupancy limit policies as well. In other words, please respect our fellow local business’ safety protocols when visiting their establishments. We’re all in this together!
- Wash & sanitize your hands frequently.
- Stay home if you or someone you live with is sick. We understand and will work with you in regards to cancelling and rescheduling your visit.
As we enter the next season, we thank you for your confidence; and we look forward to seeing you soon! Feel free to reach out to us with any comments or questions via email or phone at email@example.com or 800-382-0995.
Also, feel free to visit the Bayfield Chamber & Visitor Bureau page to view any updates from our local businesses! To be directed to that website click here: https://bayfield.org/
Further questions regarding COVID-19 may be directed to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
Our dining services are now open! In 2020 we took the following measures and will continue going into the 2021 season:
- Staff is trained and instructed in proper health and hygiene; and will wear protective gloves following the CDC recommendations.
- Fully vaccinated staff are not required to wear masks, but masks are available to all staff that choose to wear one while they work.
- Employee temperature checks are mandatory when arriving to work and any employee with a fever of 100 degrees+ or additional symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into the workplace and given proper medical direction.
- The Bayfield Inn cleans and disinfects with approved FDA sanitizing products. Specific instruction will be given to ensure high touch objects are indeed sanitized including but not limited to all tables, condiments, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, remotes etc.
- We limit our seating based on the ability to place our tables 6’ apart and bar stools will be removed from the bar countertop.
- We have menus posted in our lobby kiosk for guests to review prior to dining. This allows guests to have an idea of what they will order prior to being seated which will expedite service and limit contact.
- We have removed all condiments and other high-touch items from our tables and offer them to guests on their plate (when appropriate) or upon request.
- Linens being used for service and for cleaning are professionally laundered at The Bayfield Inn or our off-site laundry facility with the use of bleach (on appropriate materials), and the warmest appropriate water settings based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The Bayfield Inn will offer certain menus and menu items for carry-out service. Carry-out is subject to availability…please keep in mind that we have several “dine-in” options available daily. We will take orders both by phone and online to limit person-to-person contact. For all carry-out orders, we are packing utensils, napkins, & condiments in sealed sanitary bags for our patron’s health & safety.
BREAKFAST – LAKESIDE
Breakfast is served daily!
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
View the menu here.
LUNCH – LAKESIDE
Lunch is served daily!
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
View the menu here.
DINNER – Lakeside
Full service dining with a spectacular Lake Superior view.
Dinner is served nightly.
5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
View the menu here.
THE LOUNGE IS OPEN NIGHTLY!
Bayfield’s only cocktail lounge with full bar featuring local & regional craft beers & spirits, domestic favorites, a fine wine list, and Casual dining.
Food is served nightly.
DINE-IN & CARRY-OUT
4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
*Carry-out is based on availability. We have several “dine-in” options available daily.
4:00 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
View the menu here.
We encourage online ordering but if that is not your thing (or not an option for you), please call our NEW dedicated Lounge Phone Number 715-779-3364 to place your order during service hours.
11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (11:00 p.m. Fridays & Saturdays)
Daily until the end of the season.